It’s your dog’s birthday! Woo hoo! To celebrate or not to celebrate…that is the question. Or is it really a question? Your furkid is apart of your family so of course you celebrate his birthday if you celebrate other family members birthdays. No questions asked! Don’t know how to celebrate your furkid’s birthday? Keep reading for some ideas.
Celebrating Simba’s Birthday
Simba’s birthday is March 21st which is tomorrow! He’ll be turning 1 and boy did that happen fast and I mean really fast because that’s 15 in human years. He’s about to be a teenager! Ruh roh! Kids grow up so fast don’t they? *tear*
We are definitely going to celebrate Simba’s birthday and create some memories. Birthday’s are big at our house so we have to make Simba’s day special as well because he is apart of our family. I don’t really bake things, but I decided that I’m going to bake Simba a doggie cake. It shouldn’t be too hard right? I mean if I can make cupcakes I can definitely make a doggie cake…riiiiiight? We shall see. I’m going to try the puppy cake mix. The box even says that it’s an easy to bake treat for dogs! There are only three ingredients required which is an egg, water, and vegetable oil. One box makes one 6″ round cake, 8 cupcakes, or 24 mini cupcakes.
One of my co-workers recently purchased this product for their dog’s birthday and told me that I could find it at Harris Teeter. As you can see it costs $5.99. This company uses allnatural ingredients that are safe for dogs to eat. They also donate a portion of their profits each year to animal rescue organizations. Can you say PAWSOME!?
Simba loves banana flavored treats so a banana doggie cake it is! The cake can be made in the oven or in the microwave. I’m going to use the oven. If you’d like to see if I was successful in baking the dog cake and see more birthday pictures of Simba click HERE.
How to Celebrate Your Dog’s Birthday
- Simple. Do whatever your dog likes to do. Does your dog like playing fetch? Play fetch with your dog with a new birthday toy!
- Take your dog to the dog park. Let him run around and play and socialize with some furiends. Pawty over here!
- Buy some special birthday doggie treats! All dogs loves treats right? Yay, more treats. Nom, nom, nom.
- Bake your own doggie treat or cake. Now this is pretty cool. You can get creative and add your own special touch! There are even bone shaped cookie cutters or bone shaped cake pans that you can buy. Make sure you use safe dog ingredients for your dog.
- Give him some extra love and attention. Let him know how awesome he is (as if you don’t already do this hehe).
Do you celebrate your dog’s birthday? What do you do? Do you go all out? Keep it low-key? Share!