Yay, it’s almost Halloween! I’m sure you can’t wait to show off your dog in his costume right? But wait! You need to know how to keep your dog safe during this time. Don’t let your kid feed your dog the candy she gets from going trick or treating! Why? Candy can be very dangerous for your dog especially CHOCOLATE! I’m sure you knew that already, but there are 7 other Halloween dog safety tips you must check out in the infographic below created by The Uncommon Dog.
Disclaimer: We earn a commission from affiliate links that are in this post.
Halloween Dog Safety Tips
Make Halloween Fun for Your Dog
Halloween can be a fun time for your dog! You just have to keep the above Halloween dog tips in your mind! Here are a few ways to have fun with your dog on Halloween.
- Dress your dog up for Halloween if he doesn’t mind wearing a costume
- Bake your own dog treats in the shape of a pumpkin or ghost!
- Make a treat bag for your dog and other dogs in the neighborhood. Click HERE for a DIY Halloween dog treat bag.
- Let your dog walk with you and the kids when you all go trick or treating.
- Take fun Halloween photos of your dog in their costume or using a Snapchat or Instagram filter.
Having trouble figuring out what you’re going to dress up your dog for Halloween? There’s still time! Click HERE for some Haloween dog costume ideas. Be safe and have fun!
Pssst! Are you dressing up your dog for Halloween? Share your pictures with us! We will share them on Halloween! Submit your photos here or tag your photo with #SimbaHalloween on Instagram! Simba has been a minion, a turkey, a lion, a pilot, and more!
What are some other Halloween Dog Safety tips? Has your dog ever gotten into something he shouldn’t have? How did you handle it? Share!