Well, MY Simba loves wearing clothes! This probably has to do with the fact that when I picked him up, I bought him his first shirt that same day and put it on him. He is very used to wearing clothes. It also seems as though he just loves to pose for the camera. Simba is just a dapper little doggie. He’s so cute in clothes. Some people don’t think a dog should wear clothes. They think it’s totally silly. I think it’s fine as long as the dog doesn’t mind. Here are some of my favorite shots of Simba in clothes.
Getting Your Dog To Wear Clothes
Does your dog absolutely HATE wearing clothes? Does he or she squirm right out of them and then plays with it? Well, you sound like my sister’s dog if you answered yes to these questions LOL. My sister’s dog Neffie will wiggle out of her clothes. She doesn’t like to wear clothes one bit. My sister has stopped putting clothes on her. I have a few funny and cute pictures for your viewing pleasure though!
Now for the tips!
- Get your dog used to wearing clothes. Some dogs may not have a problem with it at all, but some dogs have to LEARN that it’s okay to wear clothes or a costume for a little while.
- If your dog doesn’t like clothes you shouldn’t torture them! If you want to put something on him or her to take a quick picture go for it! But don’t make your pet wear it all day long when you know he or she absolutely can’t stand it.
- Give your dog a treat for wearing clothes. I give Simba a treat when he’s posing for his pictures. He loves treats so of course he tries to give his best pose ever!
- Praise your dog for wearing clothes. Let your pet know how cute or handsome he or she is.
- Try cute accessories instead of clothes. Maybe your dog wouldn’t have a problem wearing a really cute bandanna, hat, fashionable collar (bowtie collar for example), or doggles!
- View these sites for more tips on how to get your dog to wear clothes:
- Dog Clothing 101 ~ How To Get Your Dog To Wear A Halloween Costume Or Other Clothes For Dogs
- How to Get Your Dog to Like Wearing Clothes
- How to Persuade Your Dog to Wear a Halloween Costume
- Teach Your Dog o Wear Clothes
I hope these tips work! I’m sure some of you would like your dog to wear a “HOWLoween” costume. Maybe these tips will even work for Neffie. If these tips work for her you will be seeing her featured in Fashion Friday posts more often 🙂
Be a Featured Furiend
If you let your dog wear clothes or you’re going to be dressing him or her up for Halloween please send a picture. We would love to feature your pooch on our blog or even Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! Send your pictures to ComeWagAlong[at]gmail.com with the subject “Dapper Doggie” or “Halloween Costume”. Thanks!
Does your dog wear clothes? If not, what do you think about dogs wearing clothes? Did your dog hate wearing clothes, but loves wearing them now? How did you get it to happen?