Ya know, there are so many things NOT to say to a pregnant woman, but some people are just rude and don’t care. You guys will not believe the crazy things people will say once they find out you’re pregnant. Hmm, or maybe you can because someone said something rude to you during your pregnancy! What’s the rudest thing someone has said to you about your pregnancy? Sound off in the comments below.
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are in this post. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Things NOT to Say to a Pregnant Woman
I’m going to give you 100 things NOT to say to a pregnant woman. Yes, there are many things you should never say to a pregnant woman. I actually know or have communicated with some people that these things were said to or it was said to ME or my Instagram fam bam filled me in on what was said to them. 100 though? That’s right ONE HUNDRED! I bet there are more but ain’t nobody got time for all that and you should get the picture after this post if you didn’t have a clue the first time.
Share this post everywhere and let people know that the things they say to pregnant women are quite rude. Some may not know it’s rude and may need a little help. Even some pregnant women or women that have children say some of these things and you would think they know better! You know common sense ain’t common!
Can We NOT Mention a Pregnant Woman’s Weight!?
- Are you pregnant?
- There’s no way that baby is going to make it to the due date as big as you are!
- You know, you’re eating for two! Eat more!
- Are you sure you aren’t having twins?
- Your baby bump looks way too big!
- Are you having twins?
- That’s all you’re gonna eat?
- You better feed that baby! You’re so skinny!
- You don’t even look pregnant!
- Your baby bump looks too small.
- You should eat more, you’re so tiny.
- You’re way too big, you shouldn’t eat so much.
- Are you sure you don’t have diabetes? You are so swollen!
- Your face is so fat!
- You look like you’re about to pop!
- When are you due? Tomorrow!?
- You’re still not showing?
- How far along are you because as big as you are it looks like you can have him any day now!
- You need to lose weight.
- That must be a huge baby because you gained a lot of weight!
- You are getting too fat.
- I always think you can’t get any bigger, but you do every time I see you!
- You need to gain weight.
- Does it hurt to be that big?
- Can I touch your belly? It’s so big!
- You sure got fat fast!
- Are you sure it’s only one in there?
- You are getting so big!
- Oh you’re pregnant? I thought you were just getting more fat.
- It looks like you swallowed a basketball!
- If you want to lose weight fast you better breastfeed or you’re going to be stuck with that weight for a while.
Can You Chill With the Nosey, Bragging, or Sarcastic Comments?
- Wow, you’re STILL pregnant?
- Did you eat the whole turkey?
- You’re going to have your hands full
- You look as big as a bus!
- Was it planned?
- Where’s the father?
- That sucks your baby is due around a holiday/birthday/anniversary.
- You already have so many kids! How are you going to manage?
- Are you going to have more kids?
- Are you still having sex? HOW!?
- I thought you didn’t want any children (or any more)?
- Can you afford ANOTHER baby?
- This is your last one right?
- Babies are expensive. Are you going to be able to afford this baby?
- You don’t believe in condoms/birth control, do you?
- Your pregnancy sure is rough! Mine was easy.
- I was never sick when I was pregnant.
- You look like you hate being pregnant. I loved every second of my pregnancy!
- Your baby is going to be a handful…just wait and see!
- You are pregnant again!?
- All you do is complain, what did you expect?
- That baby can’t be making you that sick!
- You really want to bring a baby into this evil world?
- Don’t you have enough kids already?
- I had my baby completely natural…what’s your excuse?
A Pregnant Woman’s Age is NOT Your Business
- Isn’t having a baby at your age quite risky?
- Aren’t you too young to have a baby?
- You look too old to be having a baby.
- You’re just a baby having a baby!
- How old are you?
Stop Commenting on a Pregnant Woman’s Appearance!
- You look horrible!
- That baby just took all your beauty!
- You look miserable!
- Whew, it’s gonna be hard to get your shape back!
- You look like Shrek’s wife (or some other unattractive character).
- When do you think you’ll get your shape back?
- You look sick.
- That baby made your nose spread!!!
- Everything is just spreading on you huh?
- You look tired!
- Wow, you look like you’re just over this entire pregnancy.
- That baby sure is making your face fat!
- The way you look, I’m sure you won’t make it to your due date!
- This pregnancy is not being kind to you in the looks department huh?
- Wow, you are so swollen!
- You look like you can barely walk.
- Looking at you reminds me of why I never want to be pregnant (or pregnant again).
A Pregnant Woman Does NOT Want Your Parenting Advice or Labor Horror Stories Unless She Asks
- That dog is going to kill your baby!
- Do you think you should be eating that?
- You shouldn’t drink coffee.
- Are you going to keep the baby? It’s such a risk with you being that old.
- You should get an epidural because you won’t be able to deal with the pain.
- Don’t formula feed, breast is best!
- Breastfeeding is such a pain, don’t do it.
- Let me tell you my labor story…it was the worst!
- You should totally go natural…we were made to do it naturally!
- Better get your rest now!
- You having another one!?
- Breastfeeding takes up way too much of your time, trust me formula feed.
- Don’t even waste your time trying to breastfeed. It’s too hard!
- Labor feels like death! You better get an epidural.
- Sorry to tell you, you’re having another boy/girl.
- Boys are way harder than girls! They get into everything and they pee everywhere!
- You better sleep now because you’re never going to get any sleep when the baby gets here.
- I don’t think you should be doing all that walking for exercise…you gonna walk that baby out already!
- Do you think you should be doing that exercise? That can’t be safe for baby.
- Doing a home birth is too risky. You should definitely give birth at the hospital.
- You know you’re going to be doing all the work right? Your husband is going to barely be any help. It happened to me.
- Maybe you shouldn’t have any more kids after this since it’s been such a rough pregnancy for you.
The bottom line is…MIND YA BUSINESS!
You do you and let a woman live her pregnant life however she sees fit. It’s not YOU and she really doesn’t need the rude comments or unwanted parenting advice. She’ll figure it out and if she wants help or your opinion I’m sure she’ll ask.
Click HERE to Sign up below for my parenting newsletter to receive access to ALL of our free printables like a potty training chart or affirmations for kids plus a coupon code to my Etsy shop.
Mom Life Living Community
It’s a mom community for moms to share their mom life with other moms! This Facebook mom group are for moms that are out here living their best mom life! Mom life can be hard sometimes, but we do our BEST with it. We out here living our best mom life and proud of it!